How should residential build-out potential be calculated and monitored?


3.A Calculate build-out by zoning potential (status quo for general build-out)

3.B Calculate build-out on an ‘as built’ basis (status quo for workforce housing bonus)


Direction: Alternatives 3.A and 3.B: The Council supports using zoning potential to estimate build-out for base zoning (3.A) but also use the “as built” method for any residential units constructed using a development incentive (3.B). This is the same dual system that the Town currently uses.

Show All Answers

1. What portion of the additional 1,800 dwelling units should be transferred from the rural areas of the County into Town? (These units would be in addition to what is allowed by current zoning)?
2. What type of residential density is preferred? Where should residential density be located?
3. How should residential build-out potential be calculated and monitored?
4. How much of the additional density should be tied to requirements or incentives for workforce and/or deed-restricted housing?
5. Should the amount of commercial development potential in Town be reduced? If so, how?
6. What types of development should be subject to architectural design standards?
7. What type of pedestrian improvements, if any, should be required?
8. Should the Town strive to increase connectivity for all modes of travel by trying to encourage or require that all blocks be more similar in size to those downtown?