Town Parking Management Study
- Released March 28, 2019:
April 9, 2019: Open House from 6 p.m.- 8 p.m. at the Wort
April 10, 2019: Town Council Special Meeting/Workshop from 10 a.m. - noon at the Town Council Chambers
This phase has not yet started. See the Parking Study Charter for more information.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
The Town Parking Management Study will create a complete parking strategy that balances the community’s goals for land use, transportation, and Town operations. It implements the Integrated Transportation Plan and the 2012 Comprehensive Plan and updates the 2003 Downtown Parking Study. It consists of 4 Phases:
- Phase 1: Commercial and Residential Areas Outside of the Downtown Core (Completed)
- Phase 2: Downtown Core (Downtown Parking Management Plan)
- Phase 3: Regional Corridor Parking (Regional Corridor Parking Management Plan)
- Phase 4: Communitywide TDM Scoping (Communitywide TDM Plan)
This project will help to:
- Identify how many on-street and off-street parking spaces exist and how they are being used.
- Evaluate how well requirements to provide parking match actual parking supply and demand.
- Decide whether regulations and public policies need to be revised to better accommodate existing development and future growth.