Town Parking Management Study
The status of this phase is ongoing since the Downtown Parking and Mobility Management Plan was adoted in May 2019 but implementation of the plan is still underway.
Approved Downtown Parking Management Plan
- Downtown Parking and Mobility Management Plan (May 2019)
- Appendix A: Existing Conditions Report
- Appendix B: Community Outreach Summary
Draft Downtown Parking Management Plan
- Released March 28, 2019:
April 9, 2019: Open House from 6 p.m.- 8 p.m. at the Wort in Jackson Room
April 10, 2019: Town Council Special Meeting/Workshop from 10 a.m. - noon at the Town Council Chambers
This phase has not yet started. See the Parking Study Charter for more information.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
The Town Parking Management Study will create a complete parking strategy that balances the community’s goals for land use, transportation, and Town operations. It implements the Integrated Transportation Plan and the 2012 Comprehensive Plan and updates the 2003 Downtown Parking Study. It consists of 4 Phases:
- Phase 1: Commercial and Residential Areas Outside of the Downtown Core (Completed)
- Phase 2: Downtown Core (Downtown Parking Management Plan)
- Phase 3: Regional Corridor Parking (Regional Corridor Parking Management Plan)
- Phase 4: Communitywide TDM Scoping (Communitywide TDM Plan)
This project will help to:
- Identify how many on-street and off-street parking spaces exist and how they are being used.
- Evaluate how well requirements to provide parking match actual parking supply and demand.
- Decide whether regulations and public policies need to be revised to better accommodate existing development and future growth.